Saturday, July 30, 2011

Calling Savory Palates!

Although I love delicious and succulent treats, there are times I crave the savory side of my palate.  Savory cookies could just hit the spot.  I searched the www and found several companies selling them but that often limited the choices to mundane cheese sticks....Then I discovered the perfect resource at "GrownUp Cookies.com." These epicurious treats are created by Kelly Cooper a West Valley educator with a fascinating blog about her baking passion.  I can assure you that these cookies favor an adult palate.  The names alone are enticing and yield a crave curve that has me heading to the kitchen, cause your not likely to buy these at the grocers.  Here is just a sampling of their flavors: Grapefruit with Poppy Seed,  Pesto and Cookie Shot (Tequila).  These treats are great for an evening affair such as a dinner or cocktail starter, and for those who can't give up their sweets, there is chocolate with caramel and sea salt (Sweet Moment & Salty Tongue).  Yes, very addictive I am certain. If you've tried any of these treats, I invite you to share your experiences.

      Pesto Cookie-Walnut, Orange Zest, Parmesan Cheese, and Fresh Basil (photo by Frank Anzalone)
http://grownupcookies.com/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment