Friday, September 23, 2011

Lord O My, Blueberry & Peach Pie!

Photo by Kitchenist.com

Here it is late September and I am already geared up to visit the Froberg's Farm to harvest this seasons bounty of peaches, nectarines.  Well every trip requires research so I can make full use of my gas mileage and alas I was saved by the a fellow blogger Eleanor Busing's Peach and Blueberry pie!  I very homey version of the traditional peach pie.  Ironically she could not find any peaches so she used nectarines.  There is really something special about a cook that can improvise---AKA brave sole.  In addition to this being the reason for the season of fresh fruits, I was intrigued by the method of using the whole fruit rather than slices of fruit within the pie.  So this is sure to be a robust pleasure.

Visit http://bit.ly/qeOofY  for a complete recipe and photos.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment